Property Renovations London
If you own a period property or a listed building, you’ll know that its maintenance and upkeep is a little more complicated than most other properties. The care needed will be specific to its age and you will need to find building specialists who are experts in restorations and renovations of these precious structures. That’s where we come in.
Our team has the technical know-how and skill set to renovate and restore period properties with a view to maintaining their structural integrity, upholding their charm and preserving their unique features.
There are very strict guidelines and rules when it comes to listed buildings and properties in conservation areas. Any architect or builder working on these types of properties should be aware of these guidelines and must be almost pedantic about adhering to them. Any diversion can result in hefty penalties from the council and a delay in the completion of the works.
WHAT YOU NEED TO CONSIDER…
• Original features must be maintained to protect the value of the property.
• If you are extending the property you will probably need to apply for Listed Building Consent and Householder Planning Consent..
• The design must be sympathetic to the area. The council is likely to object if your property stands out from others around you.
• Be careful when replacing windows. You will have to ensure that they should be identical to the original windows.
• Damp and rot are important to consider, simply because of the age of the properties.
• Roofing, piping and drainage must retain original features.
• Insulation and draught proofing are more complicated due to restrictions.
There are several nitty gritty details that absolutely must be considered when renovating and/or restoring a period property or a property in a conservation area. It’s therefore vital to have an experienced and knowledgeable team leading the project; one that understands the needs of the area, the council, the property and the homeowner.
BOOK YOUR FREE
Book a free consultation in the comfort of your own home and share your design ideas with us. Our team will then come up with a unique solution for you and your home.Book Now